Friday, May 2, 2008

Sweetest Kid / World's Most Fortunate Dad

For a long time now, my family has struggled to get by on my income. For two years prior to struggling, there was no income at all or very little, and that was even harder than barely making it.

Through all of our hard times though, our hungry nights, days upon days of hopeless thoughts of being a failure, or useless, or unwanted and unneeded, somehow my little girl always picked me up and gave me a reason to not only struggle on, but to smile while I was doing so. Eventually all of those thoughts which I had lingered on for so many hours were proven to be false; planted there by someone with less moral character than the typical "dirt-bag".

My little girl helped me push forward, to keep trying after being rejected time-and-again, even though I had proven over and over in the past that my skill, knowledge, passion, and experience for my job sometimes seemed phenomenal to some, even impossible to others. So many past accomplishments and innovative ideas shinned out of my past work history and yet for some reason people kept ignoring my potential, and my family's need of an honest income. Day after day, week after week, I prayed, I searched, I attempted, got rejected, and prayed some more.

I also kept watching that beautiful and wonderful little gift from God smile so joyfully and happily through it all. Nothing ever seemed, or for that matter, seems to bring her down to this day. It is extremely rare to ever see even the look of discontent on this child's face, and though it does happen, it happens less frequent than with anyone else I personally know. I love the happiness within this child's heart, as well as the innocence & goodness.

Through all of my bad times, or what seemed or seem like the very worst times, the fact that God chose me to help look after this sweet little child often makes me feel like the richest man on the planet, even when I'm flat broke with no solutions to my grown-up problems anywhere in sight. Being her Dad is and will be my greatest honor for the rest of my life. Being her Dad is my joy in a bowl of typical life, my sunshine under a storm of looming negativity so bright that it clears it all up in an instant.

God, I truly thank you for my little Alexis, my little 'Love'.



No comments:

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

My Favorite Quotes

"Look! I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me to repay each person according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
     -The Lord, Our God
     -The Book of Revelation 22:12 & 22:13, The Holy Bible

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
     - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Copyright (c) 2007 - Alpha & Omega (alphaandomega.blogger.com)